Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Salad Time

Even though the weather is cold, I have been craving salads lately. So, whenever I can find some decent produce, I buy it (that can be tough)! I have also been craving RubyTuesdays salad bar! You can get really creative with salads and add whatever you like. Here is one of my recent faves!

Several handfuls organic spinach
1 carrot shredded
1 cucumber diced and peeled
1 medium tomato diced (or cherry tomatoes)
4-5 mushrooms sliced
Small handful of walnuts, broken up a bit
Small handful of almonds, sliced a bit
Small handful of craisins
Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar to taste

Another good idea is to grill/cook chicken in advance and keep sliced chicken in the fridge to add as protein on salads! You could also add any other vegetable or fruit that you enjoy! Salads don't have to be bland or boring, mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment