Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Zucchini Chocolate Cake



We were visiting family and they made an awesome zucchini chocolate cake, however, it was not healthy at all so I altered a few things to make it better and it still tastes yummy!

1/4 organic butter
1/3 cup applesauce (I actually used babyfood applesauce because I had extra-I am thinking of doing olive or coconut oil next time so it's more brownie-like maybe)
3/4 cup raw honey
1 egg
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup MILA chia seed
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/8 cup cocoa (or a tiny bit more)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup 70% or darker chocolate chips
1/2 cup diced nuts (I used almonds but we had it with walnuts before)

1. Cream butter, applesauce, and honey together.
2. Add egg and beat well.
3. Mix in zucchini, then add flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
4. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir well.
5. Pour into a pan (I used a 9 inch round pan) and top with chocolate chips and diced nuts.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out fairly clean.

My husband ate much of this by itself while it was still warm, but my daughter and I enjoyed it with some SoDelicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream on top-yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment