Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

 I was very skeptical of this, I kept finding recipes for different cauliflower crusts and waited a while to experiment-I thought there was no way it could be tasty.  I was wrong!  It was good, and better yet it left me wanting more (instead of the usual regret after eating typical pizza).  My only regret was that I did not have very much cauliflower and only made a small pizza...so be warned, I would double this recipe for a typical family because I wanted lots more!  Search cauliflower pizza crust if you need to see more pics!
1/2 head cauliflower (1 cup)-grated/food processed very tiny
1/4 cup organic parmesan shredded cheese
1/4 cup organic, raw cheddar cheese shredded
2 Tbsp. Almond Flour
1 Tbsp. MILA chia seed (helps hold the dough together)
1 organic egg
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 T fresh basil, diced
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1 T olive oil (for brushing on top)

1.  Combine ingredients in a bowl-will be crumbly.
2.  Spread (with your hands) on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3.  Pre-bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges are browning.
4.  Add your favorite toppings-I added Eden Organic Pizza Sauce (no sugar), sauteed mushrooms, diced chicken sausages, and raw, organic jack cheese.
5.  Broil for 5-7 minutes or until done!


No comments:

Post a Comment