Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake

I personally love spaghetti squash but my family does not enjoy it.  My kids still did not enjoy this one (because they are not big cheese fans) but my hubby gave it a thumbs up!

1 medium spaghetti squash baked (I bake mine face down in a slight bit of water for 30 minutes)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 yellow onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Mushrooms, diced
1 pound ground beef (or two if you want leftovers or want to make half with traditional brown rice pasta for kiddos like mine)
Either 1 jar pasta sauce (or 2 cups tomatoe puree)
1/4 cup water
parsley
oregano
basil
sea salt
pepper
1 cup shredded raw mild cheese (I used mild cheddar and it was delicious)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1.  Saute onion, garlic, mushrooms, and ground beef in the the oil until browned and veggies are soft.
2.  Add in pasta sauce and spices of your choice and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes to really combine the flavors.
3.  Shred the "noodles" from spaghetti squash and transfer to the pot with the sauce to combine well.
4.  Place noodle/sauce mixture in a large casserole dish and sprinkle with a combination of cheeses.
5.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese is super bubbly!

I typically use this as my "make-ahead" meal.  I make two pounds ground beef, two jars sauce, lots of veggies and we have spaghetti one night and then this is a full meal leftover for another night in the busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment