Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Healthy (semi-healthy) Cookies

I have been trying VERY HARD to find a cookie recipe that wasn't full of flours and sugars! I finally found one on another blog, but of course I changed it a bit. I made them as oatmeal raisin, but I think next time I will make them with dark chocolate chips-yum! They tasted sweet and satisfying, and they were KID APPROVED!

1 stick organic butter (softened)
1 egg
1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup raw honey
1/3 cup raw maple syrup

*Whisk together, then add:

1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1 1/2 cups Whole Oats
1/2 cup raisins or dark chocolate chips

*Mix in the dry ingredients a little at a time. Add the raisins/chocolate chips at the end.
*Chill for 1 hour
*Press cookies down on cookie sheet
*Bake at 375 degrees

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment