Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Tri-Berry Muffins

Growing up, my dad used to make these super yummy tri-berry muffins but as I changed the way we eat, I realized that these are not at all healthy (I thought they were all those years)-lots of sugar, white flour, etc. So, I tweaked a recipe to make some healthy, high fiber muffins

6 eggs
1/3 cup oil (olive, coconut, grapeseed)
1/3 cup raw, organic honey (agave would also work)
2 tsp. vanilla

*Whisk together until completely combined. Then add:

1/2 cup organic coconut flour
1 scoop MILA chia seed
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. sea salt

*Continue Whisking together until well combined and there are no lumps.

*Then, fold in 1 cup (I actually ended up putting in about 1.5 cups) of fresh or frozen berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries but you could try any combination)

*Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes and enjoy! These were gooey and fruity!

No comments:

Post a Comment