Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Coconut Almond Pancakes


I am on day 4 and needing a "treat" so I made these pancakes and topped them with blended berries that I warmed up!  They were tasty, and my family had them with chocolate chips and loved them!

2 eggs, room temp
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp coconut water
1/8 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/8 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
coconut oil (for frying)

1.  Whip eggs with an electric mixer until frothy, add the rest of wet ingredients and combine well with hand mixer.
2.  Combine all dry ingredients and add to the wet, using the electric mixer until thoroughly mixed (batter is thin)
3.  Using a cast iron pan, make small pancakes-I used a 1/8 cup scoop and made several smallish pancakes.
4.  For the berries, I simply blended a berry blend then simmered over med-low heat until warmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment