Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

Freezer Crock Pot Meal Ideas

With Fall approaching, I have seen many posts about freezer crockpot meals, so I decided to round up some of my favorites and make some of my own.  I bought almost entirely organic ingredients (a few things I could not find between 4 stores) and use hormone/antibiotic free range meats.  I made Margarita Chicken (2 bags), Beef Stew, Rosemary Apple Chicken, Chicken Taco Chili, and Thai Curry (2 bags), plus bought ingredients for a new chicken tomato recipe I am planning to try so 8 full meals (most will include leftovers for at least some of us as well).  I also bought gallon freezer bags, brown rice, Ezekial Tortilla (for taco chili leftovers), and even have some leftover veggies for snacking.  My total cost (using quality ingredients) was 106.64 so divide that by 8 meals is $13.33 per meal for a family of 4 plus leftovers.  I am pretty excited!  I plan to just keep these in the freezer and maybe have one a week or use in emergencies when I do not have a meal planned or plans change.  Now that I have done a small version of this, I may expand and do some more!

Margarita Chicken
Beef Stew
Rosemary Apple Chicken
Chicken Taco Chili
Thai Curry


No comments:

Post a Comment