Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Coconut Blueberry Muffins

I don't eat muffins very often at all, mostly because they are full of flour and sugar and are not good for you at all. But, the other day, we bought a huge container of blueberries so I decided to search for a healthy and yummy recipe. I found this one, but altered it quite a bit and it worked (sometimes that doesn't always work out)! My 3 year old even said, "Mommy, thanks for the yummy cupcake!"

6 organic eggs
1 stick organic butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup raw organic honey (you could also try agave or raw maple syrup as well)
2/3 cup organic coconut flour
2 scoops Mila Chia Seed (about 1/4 cup)
1 tsp. baking powder
4-6 Tbsp. water
1 cup blueberries (or if you're like me I used way more than that)-or any berries you like!

1. Whisk the eggs, add the melted butter, vanilla, and sea salt and continue whisking until well combined.
2. Add the honey (or other sweetener) and whisk in well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (coconut flour, chia, and baking powder) and continue whisking (batter will be somewhat thin at first but will thicken up).
4. Whisk in the water 1 Tbsp. at a time to desired thickness.
5. Fold in the blueberries carefully (I used fresh berries, but I am sure you could also do frozen).
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and slightly golden brown on top.
*This made me 12 muffins, plus one mini-loaf.
*Be sure to line muffin tins or else grease them with coconut oil or butter.

I can't wait to try them with raspberries (my favorite berry) next time! They are very tasty and not "heavy" tasting, perfect for breakfast with some fresh fruit or a smoothie, or great for an afternoon snack (I just had to try them)!

No comments:

Post a Comment