Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wild Rice Stuffed Chicken Breasts

To say this was easy is an understatement! I was getting bored with some of our common meals: salads, grilled chicken, taco soup, etc. so I decided to mix it up and create a "fancy" wild rice stuffed chicken breast. It was simple and took minutes to prepare, and it got four thumbs up from my family (two from my hubby and two from my daughter)!

3 large, chicken breasts trimmed
3/4 cup organic wild rice (I used the quick cooking kind)
Raw, organic cheese (I had sharp cheddar on hand so I used that)
Handful diced mushrooms
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper
Poultry Seasoning (any kind without msg)

1. First, I melted the coconut oil in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
2. Sliced the chicken down the middle until almost separated, then season both sides of the chicken.
3. Stuff the chicken breasts with 1/4 cup wild rice (more or less to your liking), a few diced mushrooms, and 1-2 slices of raw cheese. Fold closed the chicken and hold together with a toothpick.
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes, broiling for the last 5 minutes to get that golden brown look.

You could also try other stuffing options, such as sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, or other veggies! We enjoyed these with fresh, steamed veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment