Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Grain-Free Chocolate Cupcakes

I got this recipe idea from elanaspantry.com.  She is awesome and I have gotten many great ideas from this site!  I made these for a Halloween party treat and everyone loved them!

Cupcakes:
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 organic eggs
1/4 cup melted coconut oil (butter should work too)
1/3 cup raw honey (I would guess maple syrup would be yummy too)

Whisk together ingredients in order until completely combined.  Fill each muffin liner with about 1/4 cup batter (mine made 11 cupcakes and I used Halloween themed liners).  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

Frosting:
1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used 70%)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan.  Stir in vanilla extract.  Place frosting in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to thicken.  Remove from refrigerator and whip frosting with a hand mixer until thick and fluffy.  Frost over cupcakes and enjoy!  Mine were very gooey so I refrigerated them until the party!  But, the kids especially thought that gooey was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment