Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chicken Sausage Soup

This was definitely not my own recipe, I got it from the maximized living cookbook. But, I have altered to what my family likes the best! This recipe is quick and easy and tastes great!

1 package chicken sausages sliced (without casing-check ingredients)
1 package organic-free range chicken stock (or homemade)
Several large organic carrots-diced
Several large organic celery stalks-diced
Large organic Zucchini-diced
Mushrooms-diced
Organic Spinach
Garlic
Sea Salt
Coconut Oil

1. Begin by browning the chicken sausages in one pan (I usually find pre-cooked so this only takes a few minutes to heat them).
2. Start saute'ing the carrots, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic in the coconut oil.
3. After a few minutes of cooking, add the chicken stock, cook chicken sausage and lots of ground sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, add several handfuls of spinach and continue simmering for another 15 minutes (or more, it will taste great anytime).

The original recipe called for onions and soup beans, but I prefer it this way! You could always add or subtract veggies and change it up. This is another family favorite of ours! Next time I think I will make a double batch since it goes so fast! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment