Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pancakes

My family and I love eating a big breakfast on a weekend morning, so a friend of mine shared her pancake recipe with me. These pancakes are gluten-free and tasty with pure maple syrup (or raw honey as my hubby loves)!

1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
1/2 cup rolled oats (ground or whole)
1 cup almond meal/flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 organic eggs
1 cup greek yogurt (I am thinking of trying applesauce instead)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup almond milk

Optional Extras:
dash of vanilla
dash of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries

Mix together and cook in a hot skillet with coconut oil or butter. Top with syrup (and butter if you like). These also taste great with organic chicken breakfast sausages! Enjoy a hearty, yet healthy breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment