Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sponcho-Cowboy Caviar

Well, I'm a sucker for all Mexican foods...they are usually what I choose for a vacation meal. This 'salsa-like' snack could be eaten with chips (homemade from sprouted tortillas or store bought organic-in moderation), put on top of taco salads, eaten plain, or pretty much any other way. I got this recipe from my sister, and we loved it! You could also add or take things out to suit your tastes.

1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C red wine vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 tsp ground pepper
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp organic cumin
1 can organic black beans
1 can shoe peg corn, drained (I don't really care for corn in mine so I left it out)
3/4 C chopped fresh cilantro (from the Farmer's Market-yum)
3/4 C chopped red onion (I like mine diced very finely)
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 avocados, chopped

Stir all ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator. If you like things spicier, you could always add jalapenos or peppers to your taste! I can't wait to make this again...I am thinking it'll be a perfect football snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment