Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Energy Bars

I got these from another natural mama blog! They are a yummy little snack and very kid friendly! I got the almonds, pecans, walnuts, goji berries, cacao nibs, and dates from the bulk section of my local organic grocery store (Valley Natural) but they could also be found at Whole Foods.

1/3 cup raw almonds
1/3 cup raw pecans
1/3 cup raw walnuts

*Blend in a food processor until pieces are tiny. Then, pour into a mixing bowl and add:
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
3 Tbsp. Goji Berries
2 Tbsp. Raw Cacao Nibs
1 tsp. vanilla

Then:
1 cup packed dates

*Blend in thefood processor until it is in tiny chunks, almost paste-like.
*Add to the mixture and mix together (I used my hands to get it blended well).
*Press the sticky mixture into an 8 x 8 bar pan and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
*Cut and serve (you could also cut them and place them in snack size ziploc baggies for easy on the go snacks!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment