Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Salad

I have Spring Fever big time!!!! Here is a quick, fresh salad I came up with that was perfect with some chicken on the grill, or it would be by itself for lunch!

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/2-1 cup brown rice noodles (any shape)-prepare as directed
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
3-4 carrots, peeled and diced
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 avacado diced
Italian dressing (I bought a seasoning packet and mixed my own with organic apple cider vinegar and organic olive oil-read ingredients if you are buying packaged dressing, they are often full of bad oils and preservatives)
*You could also just do a simple mix of olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper
*You could add/omit any other veggies

Toss all the ingredients together in the dressing and refrigerate while you are making the rest of dinner. It tasted fresh, and it made me feel like Summer really is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment