Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Grain-Free Brownies (no sugar either)

For a long time, I have been skeptical of 'black bean brownies'. I refused to try them because I assumed that they would taste funny and not satisfy my craving. I was wrong!!! I have been on such a sweets kick for the past several months (I am blaming MN Winter) so I am trying to come up with ways to enjoy that sweet taste in a healthier way!

1 can black beans (no salt)-drained and rinsed well
3 organic eggs
1/3 cup melted organic butter or coconut oil (I used butter)
1/4 (or a bit more) cocoa powder
1/8 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw organic honey

Add these ingredients to a blender and blend well until smooth (30-45 seconds).

2/3 70% or darker chocolate chips (or carob chips)
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)

Add these in after blending. Batter will be a bit runny.

Place in a greased 8 x 8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. They are gooey and sweet and definitely good for a chocoholic (which my hubby is)! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment