Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Popsicles

Okay, Summer is in full swing and I don't want my daughter (s) or her friends (my daycare kids) to miss out on having a cold popsicle outside with the pool or sprinkler. However, I also don't want to buy her the store bought sugar bars that they call "fruit flavored popsicles". If you look in the find print, many even say, DOES NOT CONTAIN FRUIT JUICE. Anyway, I bought a popsicle mold for $2 (walmart, target both has them) and I have been making my own. Let me tell you, my 3 year old will do anything for one (eat all her lunch, go right down for a nap, clean up her toys, etc.). You can really make them any way you want, just don't add any extra sugar. Here's our favorite (it's basically a smoothie)!

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1 scoop Mila Chia Seed (thickens and provides all the benefits of chia)
Water (you could do a non-sugary oj maybe too)

Blend until smooth and fill the popsicle tray!

Other variations we've tried:

*Peaches, Strawberries, Bananas
*Chocolate, Banana, Strawberry (using chocolate protein powder and chia)
*Frozen Lemonade (watch sugar content)
*Orange

Stay cool and enjoy! If your child doesn't get enough protein, you could also sneak a scoop of protein powder into yours to fill them up a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment