Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Menu for the week

This is late, but I have been meaning to post some menu plans. Here was my plan for this week (can you tell I love Mexican dishes):

Monday:
Lunch-out with family
Dinner-Grilled Turkey Burgers, Asparagus, Mushrooms, Kale Chips

Tuesday:
Lunch-leftovers
Dinner-Taco Soup

Wednesday:
Lunch-Grilled Chicken Sausage with green beans and rice
Dinner-Salsa Black Bean Chicken Soup

Thursday:
Lunch-Un-Coleslaw Salad
Dinner-Enchiladas (using the leftover soup from Wednesday night as the filling and topped with raw, sharp cheddar cheese)

Friday:
Lunch-Pancakes, scrambled eggs, and fruit
Dinner-Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce with Spinach Brown Rice Pasta (this will provide 1-2 leftover meals for the whole family as well so I will likely freeze half the sauce for next time)

Saturday:
Lunch-Leftovers/Out to lunch
Dinner-Roasted Whole Chicken with steamed veggies (brocolli, carrots, green beans, etc.), roasted chickpeas

Sunday-
Lunch-Leftover Taco Soup
Dinner-???
meal plan day/shopping day

*I do the majority of my shopping on Sundays, but I tend to still have to drop by the store at least once or twice more throughout the week to get something I forgot or something that sounds yummy or is on sale!

*For us, breakfast is either oatmeal (spiced up with chia seeds, blueberries, and cinnamon), Smoothies (any type), or Omelets (spinach, mushroom, tomato is our fave).

* We also love sweets, so we buy super dark chocolate (70% or higher cocao content) and eat that for a sweet treat (my hubby loves it dipped in fresh ground almond butter)!

No comments:

Post a Comment