Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekly Menu 7/10/2011

Here's the weekly menu for this week! My 3 year-old helped me plan it so it's full of her favorites (and some repeats because of that)! I do daycare in my home and this week I have kids for lunch on Wed.-Fri. so I try to make healthy, kid friendly meals those days!

Sunday:
Lunch-Picnic at the beach (brown rice pasta salad full of veggies)
Dinner-Roasted Whole Chicken, Roasted Chickpeas, Steamed Green Beans

Monday:
Lunch-Scrambled Eggs, Raw sliced veggies
Dinner-Brown Rice Pasta with chicken, veggies, and tomato sauce
*Made Chicken Stock for Wednesdays soup

Tuesday:
Lunch-Chicken Nuggets, Steamed broccoli and carrots
Dinner-Taco Soup (by request of a special 3 year old)

Wednesday:
Lunch-Grilled Chicken Sausages, Sliced Cucumbers and Carrots, Roasted Chickpeas
Dinner-Chicken Wild Rice Soup (also by request)

Thursday:
Lunch-leftover Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Dinner-Chicken Asparagus Marsala

Friday:
Lunch-Grilled Chicken (basted with a bit of organic, high fructose corn syrup free bbq sauce), green beans
*Homemade popsicles for dessert if they eat all their food (frozen strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries and a bit of water blended and frozen into popsicle molds)
Dinner-Leftover Taco Soup and/or Chicken Wild Rice Soup (soup seems crazy in the Summer but like I said, my daughter loves it and requested it-if kids help choose things they are very likely to eat them)

Saturday (Dr. Lance's Bday-vacation day for sure):
Lunch-Leftovers or lunch out
Dinner-Out


Snacks
Energy Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment