Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Cucumber Salad!

I used to always LOVE cucumber salads, so when a friend of mine posted a recipe for it, I decided to make it healthy and enjoy it. I was really pleased-I loved it and my daughter liked it. My hubby hates cucumbers which is fine, more for me!

2 Tbsp. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (the recipe called for regular vinegar but this is what I had and it tasted great)
2 Tbsp. Grapeseed Vegenaise (instead of mayo or sour cream)
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper
Oregano (fresh from the csa)-I used this instead of dill since I didn't have any fresh dill
Dried Lemon Peel (fresh from the csa)

2 cucumbers sliced very thinly
1-2 red onions sliced thinly (I don't enjoy raw onions but I like the flavor they bring)

Whisk or shake together the sauce, add the veggies and refrigerate overnight! I enjoyed this for my lunch today, with a handful of raw nuts! Next time, I might add some green beans to it also!

No comments:

Post a Comment