Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan 1/15-1/22

January has been a busy month for us so far and this week is no exception. Cold weather has finally set in and winter has arrived. Keep in mind that I do daycare several days a week so these are all meals that most kids will eat as well. Plus, if you repeatedly train them, they will learn to eat healthier meals! Here was my meal plan for this week!

Sunday:
Lunch-Grilled chicken salads
Dinner-Dinner out at Jason's Deli (organic salad bar-yum)

Monday:
Lunch-Chicken Wild Rice Soup with homemade stock
Dinner-Wild Rice Stuffed Chicken Breasts with roasted sweet potato fries and steamed veggies

Tuesday:
Lunch-leftover wild rice soup
Dinner-Beef Brisket with green beans and a side salad (this would have been good over brown rice, in a sprouted grain tortilla, or even on a salad but I ate it plain)

Wednesday:
Lunch-Grilled chicken sausages, roasted red potatoes, steamed peas and carrots
Dinner-Spaghetti with brown rice pasta (If I do not have the ingredients or time to make my own sauce, I try to keep a few jars on hand-read labels and make sure they do not have added sugar-Organicville and Classico are two that I've seen)

Thursday:
Lunch-Leftover Spaghetti with raw veggies
Dinner-Roasted whole chicken with Rice Pilaf and Roasted Chickpeas

Friday:
Lunch-Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Casserole
Dinner-Crockpot Salsa Chicken Taco Soup


Saturday:
Lunch-leftovers from the week
Dinner-Homemade pizza with chicken sausages, mushrooms, and tomatoes-raw, organic cheese and organic tomato pizza sauce. I am trying a pamela's gluten free crust!

Thinking ahead for next week:
Taco Soup (My daughter's favorite so we'll have that sometime next week)
Baked Eggplant, Mushrooms, and Zucchini (My favorite)
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps (Hubby's favorite)

Snacks you may see around our house this week:
Blueberry Muffins with cinnamon glaze (new-I'll post this tomorrow)
Trail Mix
Fruit-Pineapple, Clementine Oranges, and Grapes are the faves right now!Link

No comments:

Post a Comment